Monday, June 27

Monday


IMG_0086
Originally uploaded by Dr. Doom.
Blackhole, Herbie Goes Bananas, Every Which Way But Loose. Three movies I remember watching at the movie theatre at Lancater mall, when it still had a movie theatre. I went to see Every Which Way But Loose with my grandfather in 1978, and I remember feeling embarrassed because one of the previews showed a women wearing a lacy corset...I remember the lineup being all the way down the mall hallway for the Herbie movie...I remembr having a $1 to go to the mall, and being mad that I couldn't quite get three comics (which at 35 cents each would cost 1.05) - 3 comics these days would cost me $15 which I probably wouldn't do...wierd, eh - at 10 years old I could easily afford 3 comics on a shopping trip but nowadays, a highly paid professional, I wince at the price of 3 comics...First comic I remember buying was a fantastic four comic, one where the Thing was hanging out with the Hulk but then fights him when he hurts one of the other fantastic four ...bought it at the Shopper's Drug Mart, Towers mall, Saint John...I remember when the Irving on Main Street, Lancaster stopped selling comics, which meant that I could no longer get a comic on the way home from our Sunday night visits with my grandfather. Random thoughts on a Monday.

No comments: