Friday, February 18

Caught Staring - Picture by foxtongue2, at livejournal.com/~porphyre


gone to blonde
Originally uploaded by foxtongue2.
Embarrassing thing happened to me the other day at work. I think I was caught staring at a co-worker's....mmm...assets during a really boring meeting. I was sitting there, as some pointy-haired manager droned out, trying to stay concious, when I noticed that a reasonably well-endowed femme co-worker was sitting in such a way that, with a button down shirt, a small yet high-quality gap appeared between the 2nd and third button on her shirt to give a decent view (Guy's note - you have to be just off of the femmes left shoulder to get this kind of view because womens shirts button with the right side overlapping the left). Of course, my brain froze and locked on target. I don't know if she caught me but she seemed to glance and smooth her shirt out, removing the crease. Now before you jump and yell perv! perv! let me explain. There seems to be (at least in mine) a sort of background processing thread that runs in the male brain, looking subconciously for such oppurtunities, then seizes control when a target is found. It's hard to turn this damn thing off. It always seems to be running. I can be at work. I can be jogging. I can be in a car accident. Hell, I can be lying in bed with a broken arm, yet I can notice the briefest glimpse of female anatomy accidently revealed at a couple of blocks distance, through crowds, rain, sleet, fog, snow, darkness, or magical shrouds.

Once I was out with a female friend of mine and she made a snarky comment about the ridiculiously revealing clothes of another women, saying "did you see that?" I remember thinking to myself that, yes not only did I see that, but my wiring had allowed me to not only notice, but analyze, speculate, and form a few daydream fantasies in my head before my girlfriend noticed. I wonder if guys ever grow out of that or we just learn to be more discreet about it as time goes on.

The accompanying photo was taken by foxtongue2, at livejournal.com/~porphyre. I was browsing through the free picture upload site flickr, when my background processing kicked in and picked this pic out of thousands. Please visit her site as thanks for lending me this picture.

No comments: