Friday, February 18

Urban exploring, old hospital edition


IMG_0003
Originally uploaded by Dr. Doom.
I found these cool message tubes in the old (circa 1930) part of our local hospital. The only place I have ever heard about these is in old "The Shadow" comics, where the Shadow's henchmen would communicate with him via secret message tubes. Funny thing is, in this great electronic age of ours, these tubes seem to be still in use. I found this bunch in a out-of-the way waiting room in the maternity ward. Ther were 4-5 sitting on the floor. One of them had a routing slip in it dating Jan. 1/2005 !. On the wall there is a small "sending" hatch and a larger "receiving" hatch. When you open the hatches (okay I was board) there is a powerful sucking - very cool. I have photos of the send/receive hatches if anyone is interested.

No comments: