Monday, February 21

Hunter S. Thompson is dead.


Fear and Loathing
Originally uploaded by Dr. Doom.
My favourite author, Hunter S. Thompson, is dead, apperantly killing himself. I truly enjoyed his writing because he didn't try to filter anything from you - he just gave you his feelings raw. If he stubbed his toe or the coffee was cold, he told you that, as well as whatver he was supposed to be reporting on.

Books of his I have read, in approximate order of me reading them:
1) Hell's Angels: A strange and terrible saga
2) Proud Highway:, The : Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman (Fear and Loathing Letters/Hunter S. Thompson, Vol 1)
3) The Rum Diary
4) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
5) Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail
6) The Great Shark Hunt: Strangs Tales from a Strange Time
7) Generation of Swine : Gonzo Papers, Volume 2: Tales of Shame and Degredation in the '80s

For a while he was doing a regular column on www.espn.com, and I was a regular reader of that.

I always reacted to celeberities deaths as "who cares, I didn't know them". I feel sad that Hunter is gone because I enjoyed his outlook and his writing.

No comments: